How does Bakuchiol work?
- Bakuchiol is a retinol-alternative and a potent antioxidant. Clinical studies have shown that it has a range of anti ageing benefits to the skin. It can help reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles, help restore skin firmness, even out skin tone and refine skin texture.
What is the difference between Bakuchiol & retinol?
- Bakuchiol is not retinol, nor a retinoid compound. The chemically structure is different. However, it is considered as a retinol-alternative as it functions as a retinol without the drawbacks. Bakuchiol can be used during the day and is better tolerated by the skin.
This is my first time using a skincare product with an active ingredient. How do I introduce Bakuchiol into my skincare routine?
- First things first, patch test. If you have never introduced an active ingredient into your skincare routine, we recommend incorporating Bakuchiol into your skincare routine gradually. Start slow once every other day for at least 2 weeks. Allow your skin to adapt and then tweak the usage according to your skin needs.
What is patch testing & why is it important?
- Patch testing is a good way of testing a new product to see if it will work for your skin. It is when you apply a small amount of a new skincare product on a section of skin behind your ear or inside your elbow for at least 24 hours to test for any skin reactions. We recommend patch testing even if you skin isn't sensitive as skin sensitivity can change with age!
- Our Bakuchiol booster oil is boosted with squalane oil derived from sugarcane. It is a lightweight oil (almost watery) that is non-greasy and absorbs well into your skin. It does not feel tacky after application. It is essentially an oil so there will be a light oil film on your skin although very minimal.
Is it suitable for acne prone skin?
- Yes, it is! Bakuchiol helps to reduce inflammation, control overpopulation of bacteria, anti-fungal and controls skin sebum production. Clinical studies have shown that Bakuchiol is effective in reducing acne.
Is Bakuchiol suitable for mature skin?
- Yes, it is! There was a study that show a reduction of wrinkle depth & skin roughness after 12 weeks of application.
Can it be used around the eye area?
- Yes, you can use it around the eye area.
Does the Bakuchiol booster oil contain any fragrances?
- No it doesn't. Our Bakuchiol booster oil is fragrance-free & alcohol-free. There is a light floral scent that comes from the Bakuchiol extract itself.
How long can a bottle last, if used day and night?
- A bottle will last you about 2 months if used day and night (3-5 drops per use).
What is the product expiry?
- Product expiry is 3 years however we would recommend you to use it within 6 months.
Is Bakuchiol safe for pregnant & breastfeeding moms?
- Bakuchiol is an alternative to retinol during pregnancy, but as with all topical skin care use, please check with your OBGYN before using any skincare product.