Hey Heroes! 🌟
Welcome to a brand new segment on our site— #GetToKnowTheHeroes! You’ll be diving into the world of Team Handmade Heroes and getting to know us a lil better.
For our first edition, we’re getting the downlow on our ever-so-lovely and super co-founder, Cai Jin! We all know that she’s one of the inspiring driving forces behind Handmade Heroes and a beautiful person on and offline but do we know the little things that make her who she is?
Well, here’s your chance! Dive in and find out what makes Jin… JIN!
1. When is your birthday, and what's your zodiac sign?
I am a NEW YEAR baby and a true Capricorn hahaha
So yes, the moment the clock strikes 12am it’s HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIN!
2. How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
Attentive, supportive, dependable, empathetic, resourceful.
3. What's your favourite childhood memory?
I have many fond memories during my childhood but the one that I keep close to heart is my mum taking me to school on a bicycle. We would cycle past our neighbours everyday wishing them good morning haha.
4. Who are your role models or people who inspire you?
My parents and my husband.
5. What's your go-to comfort food or favourite dish?
SOUP! A big bowl of hearty soup or noodle soup.
6. Share your top skincare routine or product recommendations.
Top skincare routine: ALWAYS take your skincare routine all the way to your neck and beyond. I use our Bakuchiol Booster Oil daily on my face and neck to keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay. Guasha once a while for blood circulation!
7. What's your beauty tip or secret for looking and feeling your best?
I believe in nourishing my body inside out by eating and cooking wholesome food. You know what they say…you are what you eat! I take cooking/making food daily as a form of “me time”. No matter how busy my schedule gets, I always take some time to do something for myself and this is in the form of nourishing my body.
8. Tell us about your most memorable travel destination and experience.
Oh wow... I would choose Azores, Portugal. It's an archipelago composed of nine volcanic islands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean known for its volcanic crater and lush green landscapes.
9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be and why?
I would revisit Egypt for its rich history and ancient treasures…
10. What's a fun or unusual hobby or talent that not many people know about?
I like reading and watching historical stuff….think Babylon.
11. If you had a superpower, what would it be, and how would you use it?
The ability to communicate in every language. I would use it to get to know more people, understand them, their experiences etc.
12. Share a memorable life lesson or personal growth experience.
Never be afraid to apologise to people and own up any wrongdoings. Drop that ego.
13. Last one! What’s your go-to song to get in your most confident self?
Anything from the 90s….Kylie Minogue…Sophie Ellis Baxter etc…. Murder on the dance floor? Yes.
And there you have it, folks!
We hope you feel like you know the brain, heart, soul and person behind your favourite skincare goodies a little more. Don’t forget to stay tuned for the next #GetToKnowTheHeroes segment or comment down below who you wanna know more about next time!
(All images were sourced from @caijin on Instagram.)